It’s Halloween! Soon. So we’re asking people we like to pick the scariest songs they know.
Who: Emily Zeitlyn, singer-guitarist for Divers
What: I think “State Trooper” by Mr. Bruce Springsteen is scary.
Why: I remember a long drive home through NJ darkness listening to this while my young son slept in the backseat.
Reasons it’s scary:
- I am scared of state troopers and definitely don’t want them to ask for my “license and registration.”
- The way the protagonist has “got a clear conscience ’bout the things” that he’s done. What dreadful thing has he done?!
- He loses his patience at a talk show. The way he sings this line sounds like he’s barely controlling himself, he probably puts his fist through the radio later.
- The way Springsteen yelps before the long scream is very startling!
Advice: Don’t get lost in the pine barrens while listening to this song!
- Sara Sherr picks “Hate My Way” by Throwing Muses
- Ken Kalfus picks “Goodnight Moon” by Serafin
- Jon Solomon picks Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse Of The Heart”
Icepack Illustrated: Kroll, Starr, Thicke, etc.
If Icepack Illustrated looks a little short this week, it’s due to some physical health issues...
See Braille street art in its unnatural environment — a gallery
Back in August we wrote about Braille street art, the product of a special partnership between...
Huge horror-movie convention happening near Philly this weekend
In its 27th installment, Monster-Mania Con, one of the largest horror-film and memorabilia...