is a proud sponsor of the first-ever Feastival,
a culinary bash benefiting the Philly's Live Arts Festival
and Philly Fringe
. (Check out our extensive Fringe coverage here.
) Going down next Wednesday, Sept. 15, at the Festival Hub at Fifth and Fairmount, the evening brings together dozens of local restaurants and bars (full list after the jump), who'll feed and boozily lubricate hundreds of arts patrons looking to support the Fringe. This is a serious
food lover's event, and there are only a few tickets remaining
oh and lookie, Meal Ticket's got two that we'd like to give to you! All you have to do to win is answer these three questions about the event's co-hosts Audrey Claire Taichman
, Michael Solomonov
and Stephen Starr
. Email your guesses to firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT LEAVE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS!
: Congratulations to Meal Ticket reader Jason P.
, who was the first to respond with the correct answers (check them out after the jump).
1. Before opening her first restaurant in 1996, Audrey Claire Taichman worked at which Center City restaurant?
2. In Michael Solomonov's Zahav, there's a huge wall photo (taken by former CP photog Michael T. Regan) of an Israeli market but it features a visible, prominent Philadelphia connection. Name it!
3. In 1996, Stephen Starr ran a Russian-themed caviar bar called Café Republic at 22nd and South. The address is now home to L2, a reference to the space's moniker in the '70s. What was its original name?
1. Wow, apparently Audrey worked at a bunch of places! The answer we were looking for, though? The still-going-strong Friday Saturday Sunday
just down the street from Taichman's Audrey Claire and Twenty Manning Grill.
2. The photo Michael T. Regan has up in Zahav features an Israeli guy wearing a Flyers yarmulke.
3. L2 used to be called Linoleum
PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS INCLUDE: Adsum, Amis, Audrey Claire, Bar Ferdinand, Buddakan, Capogiro, Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar, Cooperage, DAngelos, Darlings Diner, DiBruno Bros., Eclat, El Rey, Fork, FruitFlowers, Garces Trading Company, Healthy Bites To Go, Jones, La Colombe, Lacroix, Le Bec-Fin, Le Castagne, Matyson, Max Brenner Chocolate by the Bald Man, Melograno, Metropolitan Bakery, MidAtlantic, Modo Mio, Nectar, Noble, Osteria, Oyster House, Parc, Percy Street Barbecue, Pizzeria Stella, Pod, Pumpkin, Ristorante Panorama, Reading Terminal Market, Rouge, Sampan, Supper, Sweet Freedom Bakery, Tweed, Twenty Manning Grill, Union Trust, Vetri, XIX, Xochitl, Zahav, Zama.
PARTICIPATING BARS INCLUDE: APO Bar + Lounge, Fergies Pub, Snackbar, Tequilas Restaurant, The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co., Tria.